1. These terms & conditions shall apply to and govern the provision of services by Smart Hire, operated by National World Publishing Limited, a company registered in England and Wales, with registered number 11499982, having its registered address at No1 Leeds, 4th Floor, 26 Whitehall Road, Leeds LS12 1BE (“Smart Hire”), operating as an online advertising and employee selection service, to clients to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions that any client may seek to introduce or rely upon.
2. Smart Hire and the client shall enter into discussions / written communications regarding the employment vacancy which the client is seeking to fill and the type of candidate the client requires. If the client wishes to engage the services of Smart Hire in relation to the vacancy then Smart Hire shall email the client with a vacancy brief (based on previous discussions / written communications), together with a copy of these terms and conditions, which shall be valid for acceptance by the client for a period of 14 days. On approval of the vacancy brief by the client, such approval to be communicated by the client to Smart Hire either in writing or via e-mail (to such address or e-mail address as provided by Smart Hire), the client is deemed to accept these terms and conditions and a contract between the parties is formed. The client is also deemed to have accepted these terms, and a contract between the parties is formed, on supply of a Purchase Order number, a returned and signed business proposal, or login to the Smart Hire ATS system. The date approval is communicated by Smart Hire, or the date of the client’s deemed acceptance, is the “Effective Date”. Any agreement between Smart Hire and the client is hereafter referred to as the “Agreement”.
3. Smart Hire has four standard packages for a four week campaign which are priced at £399, £675, £775 and £899. Volume discounts are also available in the event that a client wishes to advertise more than one vacancy through Smart Hire. All available packages will be discussed with the client before it enters into an Agreement to ensure that the client purchases the package which is best suited to it.
Fees are non-refundable unless Smart Hire agrees otherwise in writing.
4. Subject to clause 5, fees become due on the Effective Date. Smart Hire reserves the right, at its sole discretion, not to commence the provision of any services to clients prior to receipt of payment.
5. Smart Hire may, at its sole discretion, agree an extended payment period with any client, such period to be agreed by Smart Hire in writing.
6. Fees are quoted exclusive of VAT which is payable at the prevailing rate. However, each party shall pay, and is responsible under this Agreement, for its respective duties and taxes, however designated, levied or based on this Agreement or the Services delivered hereunder, including, without limitation, any personal property, retail sales, goods and services, use or value added taxes and whether such taxes are now in force or subsequently levied. In those cases where Smart Hire shall pay or has paid such amounts which are the responsibility of the client, Smart Hire shall include such charges separately on the invoice.
7. If fees are not paid by the client on the date they fall due, Smart Hire shall be entitled, at its sole discretion, (1) to charge interest at a rate of 3% above the base rate of the Bank of England as applying from time to time, or, if higher, the rate prescribed in terms of the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 from the due date for payment until receipt by Smart Hire of the full amount, whether or not after judgment; and / or (2) to suspend the provision of its services (i.e. the delivery of details of potentially suitable candidates for the vacancy) until such time as payment has been made.
8. Smart Hire and the client shall both protect the confidential information (i.e. information which either party is informed is confidential or which by its nature should reasonably be considered to be confidential) of the other party against unauthorised disclosure by using the same degree of care as it takes to preserve and safeguard its own confidential information of a similar nature, being at least a reasonable degree of care.
9. All candidate(s) personal data must be kept secure by the client and Smart Hire and in line with the client’s and Smart Hire’s obligations under GDPR.
10. Candidates’ personal data and applications are provided for one time use only, for the specific vacancy as detailed in the vacancy brief or otherwise agreed between the parties in writing, unless candidates have given specific consent to be contacted about other vacancies.
11. Clients must securely dispose of candidates’ personal data when no longer required.
12. Smart Hire requires all candidates to complete screening questionnaires, however, the client has final responsibility for carrying out checks on candidates suitability for work including right to work, references etc. Smart Hire does not accept any liability for the aforementioned checks/concerns.
13. Smart Hire shall not be liable under any circumstances for any loss, expense, damage, delay, costs or compensation (whether direct, indirect or consequential) which may be incurred by the client, arising from or in any way connected with the provision of services by Smart Hire. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit or exclude Smart Hire’s liability for any matter for which it would be illegal or unlawful to exclude liability, including personal injury or fraud.
14. A person who is not a party to an Agreement formed in accordance with clause 2 shall not have any rights under or in connection with it.
15. If any provision of these terms and conditions proves to be unenforceable by law, the remaining provisions shall continue in full force and effect.
16. No variation of these terms shall be binding on Smart Hire unless in writing and signed by a duly authorised representative of Smart Hire.
17. The Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
18. Assignment. Neither this Agreement or any rights and obligations under this Agreement shall be assignable directly or indirectly by either party without the prior written consent of the other party , such consent not to be unreasonably withheld or delayed. Notwithstanding the above, Smart Hire may assign or transfer any of its rights and obligations under this Agreement to any affiliate or in connection with any merger, acquisition or sale of all or some of the assets of Smart Hire.